Hi All! Well, alot has happened since our last post. Here is a review of the past week or so:
01/17/2007: We got PINK
01/20/2007: We left for Guatemala City and met the love of our lives, our son Lucas
01/22/2007: Our Embassy Day!!! The appointment was at 8:00am and we were only there for about an hour and a half (instead of the 3 hours it can take)
Crystal, I was looking for you but didn't see you - sorry we missed you
01/23/2007: Got Lucas' Visa to travel
01/24/2007: Left Guatemala City for home with an overnight stay in Charlotte, NC
01/25/2007: WE ARE HOME!!!!
We had a fabulous time. We got to meet many wonderful people while in Guatemala, including Sue, Carmen & Sonia (from our agency), Lucas' foster mother & her daughter (as well as our foster mother's neighbor who wanted to meet us), our lawyer, two gentlemen from the hotel we stayed at (Ronald and Merarri), some adopting families & their children, as well as many local merchants. I can not tell you how extraordinary this experience has been. We feel truly blessed to not only have our amazing son, Lucas, but also to have met these very special people.
Lucas is doing wonderfully! He is teething some but other than that, has been transitioning beautifully. He is happy, very ticklish, and has the cutest smile around (he winks when he smiles - it is too cute)!! He is a perfect baby - and soooo adorable too!! We love him so very much and know that God has blessed us with the most precious gift in the world.
I would like to thank you all for your patience while we were 'off blog'. We are happy to be back home and settling in. I will be posting pictures and more information soon. God bless you all!!


5 comments:
Gina & Scott, congratulations and welcome home!! I can't wait to see updated pics of Lucas!!
Robyn
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!
dawnz:D
Gina- I am so happy to hear that you are home and doing well. I have been waiting to see a post from you on how things were going. Congratulations. I am so very happy for you!
Sandra
Gina and Scott and LUCAS! Welcome home! Can't wait to meet another little Wildcat!!
Sarah & Sophie
Gina and Scott! I'm so happy to find out you have Lucas home safe and sound! He sounds like a wonderful baby who's come to a wonderful family! Here's to your future together! You take care and hope to hear from you soon! Jeanne, Ru and Maddy!
Post a Comment