It happened in Wal-Mart, December 11, 2006. The time was approximately 1:30pm. I had been having a very difficult time waiting for our son to come home. Yes, I was extremely happy for those families who had received word that their child would be home soon but I couldn't help but wonder why it wasn't happening to us. How much longer would we have to wait??
The weekend before was rough. I just wanted to cry. Cry for our precious son who probably wouldn't be home for Christmas. Cry for Scott and I who were still waiting for word. Cry just to let out all the rollercoaster of emotions that go along with adoption. That Saturday, as I was trying to fall asleep, I decided I couldn't bare all this weight on my shoulders any further. I called to God and said that He needed to bare the burden of my human-ness. I was tired. All I wanted was our son to come home.
The following morning I woke up feeling great! The best I had felt in a while. I told Scott that we would be getting a call the following day (Monday) or Tuesday. I just knew. My heart was peaceful. I knew God was taking care of everything. Scott just nodded his head and said okay. I don't think he believed me.
Well, he should have placed a bet on what I said because the very next day we got our long-awaited call. Scott was off work so we decided to go grocery shopping and pick up some things for the holidays. On our way to leave for the store, we stopped to talk to our neighbor and she asked if we had heard any news. I told her no but I had a smile on my face. She looked puzzled so I explained what I knew was going to happen. She nodded and said she was praying we got the call soon.
Off we go to WallyWorld and we're in the middle of shopping. Scott heads down one aisle to pick up some things and I head down another - it makes shopping easier and alot faster. My cell phone rings but because it's in my purse at the bottom of the cart I don't catch the call in time. I now have my phone and the call we missed had our case manager's name on it. I immediately began shaking. I try calling her back but all I get is her voicemail. As I am calling her, she is calling Scott. He answers and she asks if I am with him and he says 'yes' so we put her on speaker phone. Then she asks what we wanted for Christmas more than anything else in the world? I started to cry and said "our little boy". She said "Merry Christmas, his case was just released from PGN!"
We were happily crying as we finished shopping and I am sure people were wondering what was going on. But we didn't care if we got stared at - our son was coming home!!
We were calling everyone sharing our wonderful news, though most of the people we tried to get ahold of, weren't available and we were directed to their voice mail. But that didn't dampen our spirits. Our son was coming home!!
His case was released on 12/11 from PGN. We met him for the first time on 1/20. We arrived at our little brick house on 1/25 to begin our life as a family of 3.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to share a wonderful, memorable day with you.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment