Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boyd Orchards

On Saturday, we went to Boyd Orchards in Versailles. It was alot of fun! We met the F. family there and met a couple other families with GuateTots. They had alot to offer and we stayed for about 4 hours and if Lucas had his way, he would have stayed much longer!
Here is Lucas 'striking a pose' for Mom the photographer. He thinks if he humors me and lets me take his picture that I will leave him alone and let him play but oh, he has alot to learn! By allowing me to take his picture, he is just fueling the fire for me to take more pictures. I took over 150 that day alone! Yes, I need help but how can I resist taking pictures of him? Just look at that face!

Here he is... King of the World! He loved climbing this 'Hay Tower' with Dad. But had more fun sliding down the sides of the hay bales to get back on the ground.

This is Mr. Horse. He was very friendly and allowed Lucas to pet him. Boyd's had a 'petting' zoo of sorts. I don't know if you would like to pet two huge pigs, or chickens for that matter but we had fun petting the goats. We fed the goats too, which is one of Lucas and my favorite things to do! I guess I have just never grown up!

And now, onto Lucas' favorite activity that day! He couldn't get enough of sliding down the ramp on a potato sack. The first time he did it, he didn't want to let go of Scott but he did and the smile that followed was full of excitement. The minute he would get up, he would turn around and say 'more'. Of course, we let him go again. Why not!?! I just love the fact that he is getting more self-confident and is willing to try new things.


1 comment:

Deb said...

That looks like so much fun. And looks like Lucas enjoyed himself.