Saturday, January 3, 2009

Latest on Lucas

I sit here in amazement as I look at our son. He is almost 3 years old and is such an awesome little person! I can't believe we were blessed with such a special little boy! He is something else!
He LOVES to talk! When we read books, he will either complete the sentence or say the entire thing. Now this only happens when I read the books he really loves and I read each and every day. His vocabulary is amazing! He is still quiet around people that are new to him but once he gets to know you -- well, he'll chat your ear off!! I wonder who he takes after :0)????
Oh, and he's quite the charmer too! He loves to give hugs! He says 'please' without being prompted and 'thank you' with a little reminder. Everyone who meets him can't help but fall in love with him. I have to say, I can't blame them.
He is learning to count and is doing great! We've got him up to 10 with help but he is getting there! He's also having a great time putting puzzles together. Gosh, I just can't believe he's growing up so fast!
Now, as great as he is doing with learning words, numbers, etc., he is not doing as well sleeping in his own bed in his own room and with potty training. Well, I shouldn't say that. He is doing great going peepee in the potty but going poop - well, that's another story. My next step to get him to use the potty ALL the time is to give him rewards for each time he uses the potty. That should get him motivated! The sleeping issue - oh, I don't even want to talk about that. If anyone has any hints on how to get Lucas to sleep in his own bed and stay there, I am open to suggestions. Hey, also I'd like to hear your thoughts on potty training too. The Pull-ups have to go soon!
Well, time to run. Lucas needs to get to bed!
Gina

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Gina, I know its a pain the sleeping thing but I found the best thing to do is consistency, i just kept putting the girls back in bed, first couple times saying good night then after that just putting them in...if all else fails i slept on the floor then each night inched closer to the door that worked too...As far as the potty training both mine just woke up and decided they were trained, he will get there dont worry...Hugs from Amy and the girls

Carey said...

Hi there, see you never know who's reading these blogs! I don't know how long you've read about Chelsea, but my husband did some sleep training w/ her. Putting her lil butt back in bed 100 times one night! It finally worked! It should be in my blog archives, some time in November. Also, I'm going to be trying some cloth training pants soon. Hopefully they'll help her feel wet and uncomfortable more so than the pullups. They're sort of a glorified diaper (IMO) ... Hope that helps!